Tuesday 13 May 2008

Thessaloniki 10/05/08

Errrrrkgh!!! I don’t know why I do it to myself…I am definitely getting a bit old for this sort of carry-on ;)

Sabine has already left the house by the time I finally dragged myself out of bed. Checking my watch it is 13:30 and Anthony is still asleep. I take a shower and try to make myself feel human again…

By the time Sabine makes an appearance at 15:00, I have only barely managed to succeed. I would be quite happy to spend the day sleeping on the couch but our host has other ideas :) He remembers that the old castle walls are a must see for any visitor to Thessaloniki (not that he had been there himself yet ;) ), but I’m glad we make the effort. We still don’t know when the walls were built, by who, or what for, but we saw them and they were pretty cool :) The highlight though is sitting for lunch at a café perched on the hill overlooking the city. The view is stunning!

I had a big list of things I wanted to do while having a day off, but so far I haven’t completed any of them. The electronic stores are one of the only things open so I do manage to get myself a new iPod. Thank God for that, it gets super boring without one sometimes…

Evening comes and we head back to the flat for a quiet night. Sabine has a few Vodkas and is keen to go out but I am still knackered. If I am going to walk anywhere tomorrow it is going to have to be an early night…

No comments: