Monday 18 June 2007

Reims 17/06/07

Great to have another lazy day…

People come from far and wide to see the cathedral here in Reims, so I figured I better go check it out. I have been in town now for one and a half days and still haven’t done anything I came to do :)

The cathedral was impressive. It had an extremely high ceiling as well as some great stained glass. Very cool!

And then it was off to McDonalds for lunch. I don’t know why we keep doing it??? It could just be the name of the “Mythic Chicken Burger” but I think it also helps that the meal deals come with beer ;)

So before long we were once again sitting in the sun, watching the people go by having a quiet drink.

I did have one drama today though. I realized that I had left my jacket somewhere during my drunken exploits. This was quite depressing. But to make it worse, when Dan got his pilgrims passport stamped at the cathedral I realized that mine was in my jacket pocket!!! What’s a pilgrim to do without a passport?

But all was not lost. I managed to get hold of one of the guys whose place I had been at Friday night and he had my jacket. What a relief! It was a good excuse to have some celebratory beers…which we did ;)

Then it was off to see the latest Tarentino movie. Very strange, and a bit over the top but well worth watching.

Pilgrim life has definately taken a turn for the better...

No comments: