Tuesday 3 July 2007

Pilgrimage from Oiselay-Et-Grachaux to Besancon 29/06/07

I woke up to my alarm at 05:30 but it was freezing cold and my legs were still hurting. There was no way I was getting up yet!

I ended up sleeping till around 9am and then, knowing that I wasn’t going to make it to Besancon before lunch anyway, I took my time packing up and leaving.

It’s funny…I wanted to grab a cup of coffee but the first two towns I got to only sold food!!! I couldn’t believe it!

I ended up finding a coffee at a hotel in Cussey-Sur-L’Ognon. The owners were extremely friendly and said that they quite regularly get pilgrims coming to stay. They also showed me a route to take to Besancon that would keep me off the main roads.

Following their advice I was soon within the suburbs. Besancon is quite a big city and it took me almost an hour to find the city centre. Dan must have been tuned in because he called just as I was arriving. It ended up that he was only five minutes down the road.

We decided to go grab a beer (my first in about 4 days!), and then went back to the hostel. His foot seems to have healed fine and he is in much better spirits.

Being Friday night we figured we had to go out and party so after a few pubs we ended up getting extremely shitfaced at one of the local dance clubs. It was great!

I didn’t get home till around 5am…

No comments: