Saturday 21 July 2007

Pilgrimage from Casale Monferatto to San Salvatore Monferatto 20/07/07


I felt surprisingly good when I woke up this morning. I think I must have been still drunk :)

It was already 11am, so there was no way I was going to start walking until the afternoon. Going back to the internet café I spent a couple of hours playing around then decided to go find a place to crash out again for a while.

The first park I found looked good but as soon as I sat down I was swarmed with mosquitoes. So after another hour of wandering I found an old warehouse, just out of town, which offered me some shade.

I set up there for the day and promptly fell asleep. I was woken by the cops tooting at me. They were just to checking I was OK, and then I didn’t wake back up until 19:00.

The temperature was much more suitable for walking so it was a really pleasant evening walk. I made it about 20kms before the mosquitoes were getting unbearable, so I found a paddock and set up camp.

No comments: