Saturday 6 October 2007

Pescara 04/10/07

“Beep, beep, beep, beep”, “beep, beep , beep, beep”, “beep, beep , beep, beep”. The sound no sleeper likes to hear, the sound of an alarm clock at 6am…

I was silly enough to agree to watch the sun rise this morning and I was already regretting it. Steph turned the alarm clock off. For a couple of minutes I thought I was in luck and that she had gone back to sleep. But it wasn’t to be. Five minutes later a was once again awakened by “So…Are we doing it?”.

“Yes, of course, just give me a minute”.

And God I was glad I did. Pescara turned on one of the most beautiful sunrises I have seen in years! Truly breathtaking!

Back at the B&B we had a quick breakfast and then packed up our charming little room, ready to head for Croatia.

The first stop was the train station to dump our bags as Steph wanted to have a quick look for a computer. We are finding it quite hard to function with only one. Whenever Steph is using it, I mentally go through my bag looking for something entertaining to do…but it never appears, so I just wait…

We were in luck! An Apple shop soon appeared but sadly they didn’t have any of the model we wanted in stock. After much negotiation they concluded that they could get one in by tomorrow lunch. It was looking like one more night in Pescara, but I think it will be worth it.

It was then back to our B&B, and I promptly fell asleep.

Before dinner “The Great Backgammon Challenge” continued, and I have to clear something up as well ;) I have just read through Stephanie’s blog and she seems to have misrepresented her form over the past few years…

The passage “It took him years to beat me and even now, his victories are rare.”, seems to me to be an especially distorted view of reality. So I will just clarify things slightly ;)

The pre dinner score was 4-0. After dinner, and a few too many glasses of wine on my side, it was 9-2 :) Not that we are in any way competitive…

No comments: