Wednesday 17 October 2007

Pilgrimage from Split to Stobrec 16/10/07

Once again we woke up ready for our walking tour, but were destined to be disappointed…

Yesterday, the woman at the information center had explained that if we came by her office in the morning she would book us a private tour. I think she must have been running a little “side business” because when we arrived the man serving us didn’t know anything about it. The woman was there behind her desk, but just smiled and waved.

Not being so keen on the group tour thing we decided to bail. If there is anything we need to know about Split we’ll just wiki it ;)

I was very excited as I went to pick up my business cards. Partypilgrims is now official!!!

Grabbing our bags from the hostel we aimed to have an easy day and camp on the edge of Split. It was a nice stroll around he harbour and stopping for a break, I promptly fell asleep.

I woke with Steph standing, vibing me impatiently…but as I must have needed the rest, she had politely left me in peace :)

As it was getting dark a camping ground appeared so we called it a night.

The campground was empty and I was very happy to get a fire going. The first fire of my pilgrimage!!! It was great…until the security came and politely explained that they had forgotten to give us the rules, and NO fires!

Luckily they were kind and let us sit there till it burnt itself out.

Then just before going to bed we got a visit from the campground puppy. It was very meek and must have had a few kicks, and we soon realized why. Just as I was falling asleep I heard Steph start yelling and screaming. The puppy had demolished her tent! :)


Join Us!!!

Our Journey GoogleMaps
Our Skits on Youtube 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Partypilgrims "The Movie" 1
www.partypilgrims.com

No comments: